In our last article, we looked at 7 digital marketing tools that are helpful for growing businesses, in areas such as social media, influencer marketing, lead forms, and SEO.
In this article we explore 8 additional digital marketing tools from these other areas:
- Presentation platforms
- User experience / conversion optimization
- Outreach marketing
- Marketing automation
- Landing pages
When it comes to the sales and marketing presentations that you use to pitch products and close deals, using a platform like slidecast can make a world of difference. Slidecast offers a suite of presentation tools to help streamline the process for creating, sharing, and tracking any kind of pitch or slide-based presentation.
It has the tools you’d expect in a presentation platform to help you build beautiful presentations in a fraction of the typical time. But most importantly it provides unique tools for tracking presentation analytics and sharing your presentations more quickly and more simply.
In a few seconds, you can be sharing your presentation with any prospects in your CRM. You can even create a fully automated presentation through their “self-guided Slidecast” feature.
When it’s time to analyze results, you can actually see the presentation analytics and see exactly how your prospects are engaging with your presentations. It’s like Google Analytics…for presentations.
There are also a ton of integrations you can use to connect your presentations and their analytics to your CRM, use the integration with Zapier to create custom marketing automations, and more.
- Makes creating presentations faster and easier, in a variety of formats
- Track engagement and other presentation analytics
- Unique feature for creating fully automated presentations that are self-guided by users with voiceovers
- Tons of great integrations to connect your presentation processes to the other parts of your sales and marketing procedures (your CRM, Zapier, etc.)
Base plans are free. Paid plans range $9.99 – $59.99 per month, depending on the features you need.
When it comes to platforms for quickly generating and testing landing pages, Unbounce is certainly one of the best. Whether you are building landing pages for your different target markets, running A/B tests, or creating dedicated pages to promote each of your various products, services, and businesses.
It has lots of built-in templates and a drag and drop builder so you can create new pages quickly, and a suite of options for running experiments and determining what converts best, whether you’re testing long form versus short form pages or simply trying to determine which header option has the higher conversion rate.
The whole platform is designed to be optimized for viewing on mobile, and even has some options for dynamically personalizing the page content.
- Quickly build landing pages
- Drag and drop page editor with included templates
- A/B variants for testing
- Highly customizable
- Mobile optimized pages
$81 – $225 / month, with a 14-day free trial
It can get tiring having to constantly generate a stream of new content to post on your social media accounts. MeetEdgar is designed to directly address that pain point. It’s a way to set up a social posting calendar on a schedule that continuously recycles the content you have in that category.
MeetEdgar also has tons of tools to facilitate the process of building up your social media content library. For example, one of their tools automatically pulls out highlights from your content that you can share in a social post. You can also run A/B tests to determine which types of content best engages your target audience.
MeetEdgar can post through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Build a library of content categories to use and re-use
- Track engagement analytics and A/B test your posts to see what works best
- Scheduling of posts (you can also set schedules where posts from your library go out at specific times of day)
$25-50 / month
Nothing beats a good old fashion outbound lead generation campaign. It’s one of the best sales channels you can use in your business. Mailshake makes creating and running these types of campaigns super simple and extremely powerful.
Mailshake has tools to help you automate your cold outreach campaigns, and send personalized cold emails at scale. You can even incorporate followups via phone or through LinkedIn into your campaigns, while managing these multi-touchpoint campaigns through one centralized dashboard, with excellent analytics
- Build automated email outreach campaigns
- Automatically insert personalization variables to customize your emails for each prospect
- Includes email templates that you can use
- Great analytics – open rates, click-through rates, A/B testing, and replies that have come in
- SHAKEspeare AI email writer
- Create multifaceted campaigns with other types of followups (like phonecalls with Mailshake’s dialer)
- Excellent masterclasses educational content for sales and cold email
- Email warmup service included on certain plans
$58 – $83 / month (billed annually)
Sniply is a link shortening tool that helps you track analytics and add custom CTAs to links you share as part of your content strategy. It works even if you’re linking to content not on your website! Maybe you share someone else’s blog article about email marketing, while adding a custom CTA offering a free consultation from your email marketing agency (and directing them back to your site). Sniply also tracks analytics like traffic, bounce rate, conversions, etc.
- Standard link shortening and tracking features
- Connect links to tracking pixels
- The most unique feature is how you add custom CTAs to any link (even if you are linking to someone else’s website)
Free accounts available, paid account $25 – $299 / month
HotJar is a top heatmap and customer experience analytics platform.
Beyond the standard heatmap features, it also has a bunch of other cool features to help you optimize your site for better conversions. For example, session replays, form analytics, and on-site polls. It’s also free for many users, depending on how they plan to use it.
- Standard heatmap tools
- Tools to help identify user intent (things like “rage-clicks”, “u-turns”, and trends)
- Filter and segment user behavior
Free to start then your cost varies with your traffic
Screaming fog is a comprehensive SEO tool that automatically assesses the technical side of your website’s SEO. It helps flag and resolve issues like broken links, duplicate content, page redirects, and metadata.
It’s fundamentally a website crawling tool, so it also makes sure that search engines have all the information to tell them what your websites about. And it’s great for peace of mind when it comes to finding broken links or issues with the SEO architecture of your site.
- Duplicate page detection
- Site visualization
- Crawl scheduling
- XML sitemap generation
- Broken links
Free plan, and paid plans with additional features for $209 per year