As a real estate professional, you understand the importance of effective marketing strategies to reach potential buyers and sellers.
One method that has gained significant popularity in recent years is using QR codes. And for good reason, since 93% of all home buyers are searching for homes online (National Association of Realtors). A smartphone’s camera can read these small, square codes and direct users to specific information or websites.
QR codes offer a sustainable and modern way to replace traditional marketing methods such as flyers and business cards in the real estate market. QR codes can be added to billboards, displays, vehicles, and signs, making it easier for customers to store information on their mobile phones.
Compared to outdated methods, QR codes provide a call-to-action for potential clients and allow them to store information on their mobile devices easily. This makes it more convenient for customers and reduces the need for excessive paper and ink printing.
If you’re a real estate agent or agency looking to use QR codes in your marketing strategy effectively, you’re in the right place. This article will explore several ways to incorporate QR codes into your marketing strategies.
Read Also:- Sales Metrics Guide
The Benefits of Using QR Codes for Real Estate Marketing
1. Sustainability: QR codes help reduce paper and ink printing, making them more eco-friendly and sustainable.
2. Cost-effectiveness: QR codes are a cost-effective solution as they can be tracked and measured to determine the marketing return on investment.
3. Mobile Convenience: QR codes are easy to scan using mobile phones, making them a more convenient option for customers. That’s why QR codes can increase website traffic by up to 40%. (Small Business Trends)
11 Ways to Use Different QR Codes for Real Estate Marketing
Here is an overview of the many different types of QR codes that can be helpful in your real estate marketing strategy:
1. URL QR Codes: Use dynamic QR codes to send potential clients to your landing page, appointment booking page, or listing information.
2. Image QR Codes: Use QR codes to display photographs of your newest listings and add a call-to-action button for home buyers to RSVP to open houses or book appointments.
3. PDF QR Codes: Use QR codes to store PDFs of mobile phone brochures, pamphlets, and flyers.
4. Social Media QR Codes: Use QR codes to direct potential clients to your social media profiles.
5. WhatsApp QR Codes: Use QR codes to route users directly to WhatsApp with your phone number and optional pre-written text.
6. vCard QR Codes: Use QR codes to enter contact information directly into a user’s mobile phone contact input fields.
7. Feedback QR Codes: Use QR codes to offer a star rating system with optional comments and contact information to receive feedback.
8. Email QR Codes: Use QR codes to allow users to contact you via email.
9. SMS QR Codes: Use QR codes to allow users to contact you via SMS text messaging.
10. Plain Text QR Codes: Use QR codes to convey passwords or phrases quickly and directly.
11. Bulk QR Codes: Use QR codes to generate multiple codes simultaneously.
5 Ways to Immediately Start Marketing with QR Codes
1. Yard Signs and Flyers
One of the most popular ways to use QR codes in real estate marketing is by adding them to yard signs and flyers. By scanning the code, interested buyers can access detailed information about the property, including photos, virtual tours, and contact information for the listing agent.
2. Open Houses
QR codes can streamline the open house process by allowing attendees to sign in virtually or access application forms online. This can save time and reduce errors compared to traditional sign-in sheets and paper forms.
3. Marketing Materials
In addition to yard signs and flyers, QR codes can be added to other marketing materials like brochures, postcards, and business cards. You can direct potential clients to your website, social media pages, or other relevant information. If you’re worried they’ll ignore the QR code or be intimidated and confused by it…don’t be. 57% would be willing to scan a QR code for more information about a product or service. (Hubspot)
4. Personalized Videos
Another way to use QR codes is by directing buyers to personalized videos. By scanning the code, buyers can access videos introducing the listing agent, providing a virtual tour of the property, or showcasing additional properties.
5. Check-In Process
QR codes can also improve the check-in process for guests attending an open house. By scanning the code, guests can access all the necessary information about the property, including contracts, permit requirements, prices, and market trends. This can streamline the check-in process and provide a more efficient experience for everyone involved.
7 Real Examples of Companies Killing It with QR Codes
Many examples of real estate agents and agencies have successfully incorporated QR codes into their marketing strategy. Here are a few specific examples:
The Corcoran Group, a real estate agency in New York, added QR codes to their print advertisements in the New York Times. The QR code directed potential buyers to a mobile-optimized landing page with additional property details and an option to schedule a showing. This strategy increased engagement and generated more leads for their properties.
Redfin, an online real estate brokerage, includes QR codes on their yard signs for each property. The QR code links to the property listing page on their website, where potential buyers can view more photos, schedule a tour, and contact a Redfin agent. This tactic provides buyers with an easy and convenient way to learn more about the property and connect with an agent.
Luxury Living Chicago Realty, a luxury apartment rental agency, includes QR codes on its building signage and advertisements. These codes direct potential renters to a mobile-optimized landing page with more information about the building, available units, and a form to schedule a tour. This strategy has increased engagement and generated more leads for their properties.
Hunt Real Estate, a real estate agency in New York, uses QR codes on their property flyers to allow potential buyers to instantly access additional property information, including virtual tours, property details, and agent contact information. This has helped to generate more leads and increase engagement with their properties.
RE/MAX, a global real estate franchise has incorporated QR codes into its signage and print materials to provide a seamless way for potential buyers to access more information about properties. The QR codes link directly to the property listing page on their website, allowing buyers to view more photos and property details easily.
The Collective Real Estate Group, a real estate agency in California, uses QR codes on their business cards to allow potential clients to access their website and social media profiles easily. This helps to increase visibility and make it easy for clients to connect with them.
Coldwell Banker, a real estate franchise with locations across the United States, has integrated QR codes into their property brochures to provide a quick and easy way for potential buyers to access property details, photos, and agent contact information. This has helped to increase engagement and generate more leads for their properties.
Using QR codes in your real estate marketing strategy can help you reach potential clients more conveniently and sustainably. Using different types of QR codes, you can direct potential clients to your landing pages, listing information, and social media profiles, among other things.